We have outstanding experience in handling employment, labor and social
insurance law matters. Our employment team has academic and professional
credentials, as well as intensive practical experience.
Our employment team provides a wide variety of legal services, including:
- Advising on all range of employment, labor and social insurance matters.
- Drafting and reviewing HR handbooks.
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, consultancy and management
agreements, and executive contracts.
- Drafting other recruitment and end of service documents.
- Advising companies on matters relating to employees transfer and/or termination
in events of business transfer, sale, merger, liquidation, bankruptcy and closure.
- Drafting and reviewing collective bargaining agreements and attending
negotiations meetings, liaising with Social Insurance Authorities in Egypt.
- Handling and resolving employees’ strikes/sit-in.
- Conducting internal investigations/interrogations with employees and preparing
disciplinary reports in relation to employees’ incompetence and/or misbehavior.
- Conducting redundancies and negotiating end service/severance packages with
- Conducting legal due diligence reports on employment and social insurance
- Reviewing outsourcing and services provision agreements, and advising leading
companies on other corporate secretarial and regulatory compliance matters.
Sample of Recent Experience
- Successfully represented one of the Korean textile manufacturing on drafting the collective bargaining agreements with its workers leading all negotiation meetings and coordinating with the labor union and the relevant authorities to have it ratified.
- Reviewing and localizing the Dawn Raid Procedure Manual for one of the Japanese conglomerates working in Egypt.
- Advising and assisting a manufacturing company in conducting redundancies and negotiating the severance packages with employees for downsizing purposing.
- Advising a leading electromechanical company on hiring expats and the related outsourcing arrangements.
- Selected to exclusively handle Egypt’s profile for Global Edge (Employment Law Resource for Legal and HR Professionals). Global Edge is an online portal which enables legal and HR professionals to have access to key employment law requirements and developments in various countries/jurisdictions with instant employment law knowledge andinformation that the subscribers can trust to be accurate, culturally sensitive and up-to-date.