Our banking and finance team extensive experience in both domestic and cross-border
finance transactions. It advises significant domestic Egyptian and international
banks as well as several international financial institutions.
Our experience includes:
- Secured and unsecured facilities.
- Project and infrastructure finance.
- Regulation and compliance.
- Asset finance.
- Syndicated and bilateral facilities.
- Working capital facilities.
- Property finance.
- Subordinated debt.
We act both for lenders and for borrowers across major industry sectors including
energy and renewable, oil & gas, and infrastructure projects.
Sample of Recent Experience
- Advised GS Engineering & Construction Corporation (with DLA Piper) on the settlement with ERC on a finance restructuring of Egypt's largest oil refinery project in a value of USD 500m. The project is a greenfield refinery with investment cost of more than USD 4 billion and is expected to produce 2.25 million tons of diesel, 80,000 tons of butane gas and 600,000 tons of jet fuel.
- Acted for FAS Energy in negotiating and drafting the EPC and O&M agreements with GE to build the 50-MW solar power plant for EETC.
- Represents Saudi Arabia group Alhokair, one of the few developers who succeeded to sign the power purchase agreements for round 1 of the Feed-in-Tariff project in Benban, in Upper Egypt. We advised the developer from the first beginning of the project starting from assisting the client to prepare for the prequalification stage, going through reviewing and negotiating the project agreements, lobbying for and succeeding in amending the power purchase agreement to fit the unique financial model adopted by the developer, negotiating and reviewing the finance documents with as well as opining on the securities up until successfully reaching financial closure.
- Advised and represented one of the bidders in the tender for a 200MW BOO (build-own-operate) PV plant project at West of Nile. The project will be located in the West Nile region of Egypt near EL Menya governorate.
- Acting as the legal counsel for the banks in three long term facilities granted to major cement production companies to enable their plants to operate with alternative fuel and coal.
- Representing an international company supplier of smart metering in the AMI Procurement announced by the Egyptian Electricity Holding Company.
- Advising the legal counsel of the borrower in relation to EGP 300,000,000 facility in order to finance the local portion of the investment cost of its special purpose vehicle to develop a solar power plant.
- Advising the borrower in a revolving facility loan of USD 50 million to a manufacturing company to finance working capital for its refining operations. The borrower was a subsidiary of ta Saudi listed public company.