Riad & Riad is recognized as one of the “go to” labor and employment law firms in Egypt. Our employment team has academic and professional credentials, as well as intensive practical experience.
Our employment team provides a wide variety of legal services, including:
- Advising on all range of employment, labor and social insurance matters.
- Drafting and reviewing HR handbooks.
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, consultancy and management
agreements, and executive contracts.
- Drafting other recruitment and end of service documents.
- Advising companies on matters relating to employees transfer and/or termination
in events of business transfer, sale, merger, liquidation, bankruptcy and closure.
- Drafting and reviewing collective bargaining agreements and attending
negotiations meetings, liaising with Social Insurance Authorities in Egypt.
- Handling and resolving employees’ strikes/sit-in.
- Conducting internal investigations/interrogations with employees and preparing
disciplinary reports in relation to employees’ incompetence and/or misbehavior.
- Conducting redundancies and negotiating end service/severance packages with
- Conducting legal due diligence reports on employment and social insurance
- Reviewing outsourcing and services provision agreements, and advising leading
companies on other corporate secretarial and regulatory compliance matters.
Sample of Recent Experience
- Mass transfer of employees as a result of a sale of asset transaction: represented a multinational British company in transferring its employees in Egypt in the context of a sale of asset transaction. The number of the transferred employees exceeded 3000 in an acquisition transaction. Our team was responsible for the entire preparation of the employee transfer process.
- Social Insurance of Contracting Works:advising and providing legal support to a number of companies work in the contracting and project management fields in relation to the social insurance of contracting/temporary employees.
- Collective Redundancies:representing an international airline company in relation to its restructuring in Egypt and conducting negotiations with the employees to reach an agreement for redundancy and early retirement packages.
- Unfair Dismissal Lawsuits:representing British and Swiss companies in front of Egyptian courts in relation to labour lawsuits filed by a number of employees claiming the occurrence of arbitral unfair dismissals.
- Labour Arbitration:representing a company in a labour arbitration case filed by the competent labour union against the company in the wake of a decision adopted by the company for downsizing its business in Egypt. Our team handled the case, attended the hearings and prepared the memorandums of defense.
- Conducting Amicable Settlements:representing a Dutch company in the procedures of terminating a senior executive and negotiating the termination package with the executive on behalf of the company.