Over the past years, we have successfully built our Oil & Gas and Mineral Resources experience.
Our team has an extensive experience in:
- Advising IOCs in relation to the Egyptian legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Reviewing and commenting on concession agreements, direct and indirect assignment of rights, pre-emption rights.
- Drafting and reviewing agreements including services, sales, farm-in/out and joint venture/operation agreements.
- Liaising and negotiating with the various authorities.
Our recent experience includes:
- Advising ExxonMobil in relation to the natural gas concession agreement it concludes with the Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Corporation (EGAS) during.
- Advising ExxonMobil in the 2018 international bid round for gas exploration announced by the Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Corporation (EGAS). ExxonMobil was announced in February 2019 as one of the winners and was awarded a concession for gas exploration in North East Amereya Offshore. ExxonMobil thereby is marking its first entry into Egypt’s gas upstream sector. EGAS bid round was dubbed as the largest in its history with five gas exploration concessions awarded including border areas in the Mediterranean Sea as well as land areas in the Nile Delta.
- Advising Thank Stratex Resources Limited, a gold exploration and mining company, in relation to its Gold and Associated Minerals Exploration and Exploitation in the Eastern Desert in Egypt granted by Egyptian Mineral Resources Authority (EMRA). We advised the client in relation to an acquisition of its entire issued share capital and opined on specific matters relating to mineral interests in the relevant gold exploration and exploitation concession agreement.
- Advised ALS, the global mining services company, in relation to the regulatory framework of conducing analytical geochemistry services in the mining service. We also set up the first subsidiary of ALS in Egypt.
- Advised GS Engineering & Construction Corporation on the settlement with the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) on a finance restructuring of Egypt's largest oil refinery project in a value of USD 500m. The project is a greenfield refinery with investment cost of more than USD 4 billion and is expected to produce 2.25 million tons of diesel, 80,000 tons of butane gas and 600,000 tons of jet fuel